Beth Emet
Shalom! Good to see you again!
Beth Emet
Shalom! Good to see you again!
Beth Emet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beth Emet

Searching for Truth with No Agenda

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will a third temple be built?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MMkgc

MMkgc

Will a third temple be built? Empty
PostSubject: Will a third temple be built?   Will a third temple be built? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 2:32 pm

Let's discuss this.

Here are some scriptures

From Ezekiel 36

Quote :
24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you from all the countries, and return you to your own soil.
25 Then
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will
cleanse you from all your uncleanness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit
inside you; I will take the stony heart out of your flesh and give you
a heart of flesh. 27 I will put my Spirit inside you and cause you to live by my laws, respect my rulings and obey them.
28 You will live in the land I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
29 I will save you from all your uncleanliness. I will summon the grain and increase it, and not send famine against you.
30 I
will multiply the yield of fruit from the trees and increase production
in the fields, so that you never again suffer the reproach of famine
among the nations. 31 Then you will remember your evil ways and your
actions that were not good; as you look at yourselves, you will loathe
yourselves for your guilt and disgusting practices. 32 Understand,' says Adonai ELOHIM, 'that I am not
doing this for your sake. Instead, be ashamed and dismayed for your
ways, house of Isra'el.' 33 "Adonai ELOHIM says, 'When the day comes for me to
cleanse you from all your guilt, I will cause the cities to be
inhabited and the ruins to be rebuilt. 34
The land that was desolate will be tilled, whereas formerly it lay desolate for all passing by to see.
35 Then
they will say, "The land that used to be desolate has become like
Gan-'Eden, and the cities formerly ruined, abandoned and wasted have
been fortified and are inhabited!
" 36 Then the nations around you that remain will know
that I, ADONAI, have rebuilt the ruins and replanted what was
abandoned. I, ADONAI, have spoken; and I will do it.' 37 "Adonai ELOHIM says, 'In addition, I will let the
house of Isra'el pray to me to do this for them: to increase their
numbers like sheep - 38 like flocks of sheep for sacrifices, like the
flocks of sheep in Yerushalayim at its designated times, in this degree
will the ruined cities be filled with flocks of people. Then they will
know that I am ADONAI.'"

From this reading I gather that this can only be speaking of the present time we currently live in. We have seen these things come to pass since 1948

• gather you from all the countries
  • return you to your own soil.
This has been happening at a greater and greater pace, Jews also being found in remote countries where not formerly suspected of any being there.

• I will give you a new heart and
  • put a new spirit
    inside you

This is the Messianic movement today, since 1948, but even more recently since the 1967 war and the return of Jerusalem to Jewish hands after 1900 years!+ It is still in the process though, but it definatly is happening/

• cause you to live by my laws
The return to Torah which is becoming the cry throughout the movement and also to gentiles who feel that they have been lead astray, taught lies about how HaShem wants us to live.

• You will live in the land I gave to your ancestors
A homeland at last, after the biggest diaspora ever, first the Babylonian captivity, and then the Persian one, but this tops them all.

• I will summon the grain and increase it
  • I
    will multiply the yield of fruit from the trees and

• increase production
    in the fields

• I will cause the cities to be
    inhabited and the ruins to be rebuilt

• The land that was desolate will be tilled
The land has rebounded from a dry desert wasteland only inhabited maily by Beduins to a true Gan Eden, where the produce is so great it can be exported to the rest of the world. The flower production alone brings in over $50MILLION dollars per year ( this is 2002 stats).
Back to top Go down
MMkgc

MMkgc

PostSubject: Re: Will a third temple be built?   Will a third temple be built? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 2:17 pm

Just adding some scripture about the temple.

Paul is obviously speaking to gentiles here:

Ephesians 2

1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 6
Quote :
14 Be ye
not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath
righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with
darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And
what agreement hath the temple of G-d with idols? for ye are the temple
of the living God
; as G-d hath said, I will dwell in
them, and walk in
them; and I will be their G-d, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye
separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will
receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the L-rd Almighty.

1 Corinthians 3

Quote :
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of G-d, and that the Spirit of G-d dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of G-d, him shall G-d destroy; for the temple of G-d is holy, which temple ye are.
Back to top Go down
polonois

polonois

PostSubject: Re: Will a third temple be built?   Will a third temple be built? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Most Likely A third Temple will be Built at sometime in the future.
The people are blind and cannot see the truth.
However I see no scriptual evidence that they are to build one.
Of course there is no where in the scriptures where G-d commands a first or second temple to be built. Only the temple in the widerness. Remember the Temple Of The Lord now resides with man and he will be our G-d and we will be his people.
Back to top Go down
MMkgc

MMkgc

PostSubject: Re: Will a third temple be built?   Will a third temple be built? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:52 pm

The first temple came out of the love of David for HaShem, he wanted to build a house for his name. He wanted what was a temporal thing , to be established as permenant. He was told he could not do so because his hands were bloodied from war, but that his son could do so.
Back to top Go down
MMkgc

MMkgc

PostSubject: Re: Will a third temple be built?   Will a third temple be built? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:37 pm

I think a third temple is high in many Orthodox minds. Messianic fever is high once again, just like it was in the first century. But then Herod was the one who rebuilt the temple, to his own Glory. I often wonder why Yeshua even paid mind to it. And then there are the Essenses or the inhabitants of Qumran that are said to have not acknowledged the priesthood and Sanhedrin in Jerusalem because they were hired by Rome and were not of the rightful bloodlines. John, the 'Baptist' was of the rightful lineage, yet his father served in the Temple, but some believe John was raised after their deaths, or shortly before by the Essenses to know who he truly was. Some also believe his mantle, his camel hair garment was handed down from Elijah to Elisha and then kept and given to him by them. Who knows?

I think that whoever does get the temple rebuilt ( not who prepares for it) will be recognized as Messiah, because their beliefs now are that one of the things Moschiach will do is to built the Temple. They get this from Ezekiel I believe, but don't understand that is a spiritual temple, or the New Jerusalem he is describing.

They are like David now, gathering the materials for this and getting all things needed ( still looking for the ashes, or have they found this?), but awaiting 'Solomon' to come and built it.

It is interesting and I'll take that a bit further, Solomon, or Shlomo, name means 'Peace' it comes from the same root as Shalom. Solomon was a prince first, and he could have been called the Prince of Peace. Now we know that is a name for Messiah, but we also know of a false Messiah to come, who would have to take on that same name as well.

Many speak of this one who will make a peace treaty and proclaim 'Peace, Peace', but we are also told to watch out for that one or time when Peace is proclaimed but there is no true Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will a third temple be built?   Will a third temple be built? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will a third temple be built?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beth Emet :: Extra Biblical Discussion :: ACHARIT HaYAMIM-
Jump to: