Beth Emet
Shalom! Good to see you again!
Beth Emet
Shalom! Good to see you again!
Beth Emet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beth Emet

Searching for Truth with No Agenda

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro Empty
PostSubject: Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:25 pm

Quote :
Mattityahu 5:21-30

21 "You have heard that our fathers were told, `Do not murder, and that anyone who commits murder will be subject to judgment. 22 But I tell you that anyone who nurses anger against his brother will be subject to judgment; that whoever calls his brother, `You good-for-nothing!' will be brought before the Sanhedrin; that whoever says, `Fool!' incurs the penalty of burning in the fire of Gei-Hinnom! 23 So if you are offering your gift at the Temple altar and you remember there that your brother has something against you,
24 leave your gift where it is by the altar, and go, make peace with your brother. Then come back and offer your gift. 25 If someone sues you, come to terms with him quickly, while you and he are on the way to court; or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer of the court, and you may be thrown in jail! 26 Yes indeed! I tell you, you will certainly not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Our thoughts have negative effects. If we think wrongly of someone, we harbor 'ill will' towards them and in turn this affects them wither we see it or not. We are to think good things towards our brethren for sure but Yeshua taught we are also to do so towards our enemies.

Quote :
Matt 5:43 "You have heard that our fathers were told, `Love your neighbors -- and hate your enemy.' 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Quote :
27 "You have heard that our fathers were told, `Do not commit adultery. 28 But I tell you that a man who even looks at a woman with the purpose of lusting after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 If your right eye makes you sin, gouge it out and throw it away! Better that you should lose one part of you than have your whole body thrown into Gei-Hinnom. 30 And if your right hand makes you sin, cut it off
and throw it away! Better that you should lose one part of you than have your whole body thrown into Gei-Hinnom.
The sin of fornication and the sin of adultery is one of the greatest sins mankind has ever known. It encompasses more than just one of the ten commandments, but rather three.

Besides the command to not commit adultery, there is the command to not steal, and to not covet your neighbors wife. When you look upon a woman that is not your spouse you are stealing from her spouse, and yours. How you ask? Because you are not entitled to look upon a woman that is not yours, by doing so you are stealing from her husband what belongs to him alone. And from your own wife, you steal from her as well. Your admiring glances belong only to her, not to another woman.

Quote :
15:1-11
1 Then some P'rushim and Torah-teachers from Yerushalayim came to Yeshua and asked him,
2 "Why is it that your talmidim break the Tradition of the Elders? They don't do n'tilat-yadayim before they eat!" 3 He answered, "Indeed, why do you break the command of God by your tradition?
4 For God said, `Honor your father and mother,' and `Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' 5 But you say, `If anyone says to his father or mother, "I have promised to give to God what I might have used to help you," 6 then he is rid of his duty to honor his father or mother.' Thus by your tradition you make null and void the word of God! 7 You hypocrites! Yesha`yahu was right when he prophesied about you, 8 `These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far away from me.9 Their worship of me is useless, because they teach man-made rules as if they were doctrines.'"
10 Then he called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand this! 11 What makes a person unclean is not what goes into his mouth; rather, what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him unclean!"

n'tilat-yadayim= Hand washing, tradition was that they do this after visiting the marketplace.

'Their hearts are far away from me' one of the biggest sins of Israel was to not take care of the widows, the orphans and the poor. Something done as a pharisaic tradition was to vow their goods to the temple, thus to G-d but it was for accolades on earth, not to enrich G-d's temple. The commandment tells us to honor our parents, honoring them meant to take care of them in their old age. HaShem set up a system that the tithing and gifts would take care of the priests, and the poor, but this system was not honored, time and time again. This is why Yeshua got angry, they worried about little things, or things that made them look important but forgot that G-d loves, mercy instead of sacrifices.

Quote :
19:16-30

16 A man approached Yeshua and said, "Rabbi, what good thing should I do in order to have eternal life?" He said to him, 17 "Why are you asking me about good? There is One who is good! But if you want to obtain eternal life, observe the mitzvot." 18 The man asked him, "Which ones?" and Yeshua said, "Don't murder, don't commit adultery, don't steal, don't give false testimony 19 honor father and mother and love your neighbor as yourself." 20 The young man said to him, "I have kept all these; where do I still fall short?" 21 Yeshua said to him, "If you are serious about reaching the goal, go and sell your possessions, give to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven. Then come, follow me!" 22 But when the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he was wealthy.
Notice the commandments listed, and in which order

1. Do not murder
2. Don't commit adultery
3. Don't steal
4. Don't give false witness or testimony
5. Honor father and mother and love your neighbor as yourself

Notice he slipped the v'Ahavtah in there? Wink

Why do you think these are the only ones he mentioned and why in that order?

Quote :
23 Then Yeshua said to his talmidim, "Yes. I tell you that it will be very hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
24 Furthermore, I tell you that it is easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." 25 When the talmidim heard this they were utterly amazed. "Then who," they asked, "can be saved?" 26 Yeshua looked at them and said, "Humanly, this is impossible; but with God everything is possible." 27 Kefa replied, "Look, we have left everything and followed you. So what will we have?"
28 Yeshua said to them, "Yes. I tell you that in the regenerated world, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Isra'el. 29 Everyone who has left houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times more, and he will obtain eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

The camels eye, is a aphorism

From B.T. Berakhot 55a
Quote :
They do not show a man a palm tree of gold, nor an elephant going through the eye of a needle.

Another common explanation of the figure, is that Yehsua was referring to a certain gate in Jerusalem called Needle's Eye. This entry-point was built like the eye of a needle and so low that a camel could only pass if it entered kneeling and unencumbered with baggage. The lesson would then be that an eternal inheritance awaits those who unburden themselves of sin, and in particular, the things of this world. Also, kneeling represents submission and humility, which are required by most religions to enter into heaven.

This may or may not be what Yeshua was talking about click here

http://www.biblepicturegallery.com/pictures/GParables/Eye%20of%20a%20Needle%20in%20the%20gate%20of%20a%20khan%20at%20Nazareth%20pa.htm

Last edited by on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://torahlovers.forumotion.com
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: Mark   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm

Quote :
7:5-15

5 The P'rushim and the Torah-teachers asked him, "Why don't your talmidim live in accordance with the Tradition of the Elders, but instead eat with ritually unclean hands?" 6 Yeshua answered them, "Yesha`yahu was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites -- as it is written, `These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far away from me. 7 Their worship of me is useless, because they teach man-made rules as if they were doctrines.' 8 "You depart from God's command and hold onto human tradition. Indeed," 9 he said to them, "you have made a fine art of departing from God's command in order to keep your tradition! 10 For Moshe said, `Honor your father and your mother,' and `Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' 11 But you say, `If someone says to his father or mother, "I have promised as a korban" ' " (that is, as a gift to God) " ` "what I might have used to help you," ' 12 then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. 13 Thus, with your tradition which you had handed down to you, you nullify the Word of God! And you do other things like this." 14 Then Yeshua called the people to him again and said, "Listen to me, all of you, and understand this! 15 There is nothing outside a person which, by going into him, can make him unclean. Rather, it is the things that come out of a person which make a person unclean!"

Not unclean in the physical sense, but unclean in the spiritual sense. In other words the physical cannot make you spiritually unclean, but the things that proceed out of your heart are what makes you unclean.

Quote :
10:17-31

17 As he was starting on his way, a man ran up, kneeled down in front of him and asked, "Good rabbi, what should I do to obtain eternal life?" 18 Yeshua said to him, "Why are you calling me good? No one is good except God! 19 You know the mitzvot -- `Don't murder, don't commit adultery, don't steal, don't give false testimony, don't defraud, honor your father and mother, . .'" 20 "Rabbi," he said, "I have kept all these since I was a boy." 21 Yeshua, looking at him, felt love for him and said to him, "You're missing one thing. Go, sell whatever you own, give to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven. Then come, follow me!" 22 Shocked by this word, he went away sad; because he was a wealthy man. 23 Yeshua looked around and said to his talmidim, "How hard it is going to be for people with wealth to enter the Kingdom of God!" 24 The talmidim were astounded at these words; but Yeshua said to them again, "My friends, how hard it is to enter the Kingdom of God! 25 It's easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." 26 They were utterly amazed and said to him, "Then who can be saved?" 27 Yeshua looked at them and said, "Humanly, it is impossible, but not with God; with God, every thing is possible." 28 Kefa began saying to him, "Look, we have left everything and followed you." 29 Yeshua said, "Yes! I tell you that there is no one who has left house, brothers, sisters, mother, father, children or fields, for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, 30 who will not receive a hundred times over, now, in the `olam hazeh, homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and lands -- with persecutions! -- and in the `olam haba, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first!"
It depends what you regard as that which should be sought to be obtained. Riches and praise by man, or by G-d. These things shall pass away but what HaShem provides in heaven endureth forever!

Last edited by on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: Luke 18   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Quote :
18- 30

18 One of the leaders asked him, "Good rabbi, what should I do to obtain eternal life?" 19 Yeshua said to him, "Why are you calling me good? No one is good but God! 20 You know the mitzvot -- `Don't commit adultery, don't murder, don't steal, don't give false testimony, honor your father and mother, . . .'" 21 He replied, "I have kept all these since I was a boy." 22 On hearing this Yeshua said to him, "There is one thing you still lack. Sell whatever you have, distribute the proceeds to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven. Then come, follow me!" 23 But when the man heard this, he became very sad, because he was very rich. 24 Yeshua looked at him and said, "How hard it is for people with wealth to enter the Kingdom of God! 25 It's easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God!" 26 Those who heard this asked, "Then who can be saved?" 27 He said, "What is impossible humanly is possible with God." 28 Kefa said, "Look, we have left our homes and followed you." 29 Yeshua answered them, "Yes! I tell you that everyone who has left house, wife, brothers, parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, 30 will receive many times as much in the `olam hazeh, and in the `olam haba eternal life."

Luke seems to have not gotten the 'full scoop' on what Yeshua said here, notice the mitzvot and order

1.Don't commit adultery
2.Don't murder
3.Don't Steal
4.Don't give false witness
5.Honor father and mother

and no v' ahavtah

And he tells him to 'come follow me!' It's not just about helping the poor, but in following Yeshua!

Last edited by on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: Acts 6:1-7   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Quote :
1 Around this time, when the number of talmidim was growing, the Greek-speaking Jews began complaining against those who spoke Hebrew that their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution. 2 So the Twelve called a general meeting of the talmidim and said, "It isn't appropriate that we should neglect the Word of God in order to serve tables. 3 Brothers, choose seven men from among yourselves who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will appoint them to be in charge of this important matter, 4 but we ourselves will give our full attention to praying and to serving the Word." 5 What they said was agreeable to the whole gathering. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Ruach HaKodesh, Philip, Prochoros, Nikanor, Timon, Parmenas and Nicholas, who was a proselyte from Antioch. 6 They presented these men to the emissaries, who prayed and laid their hands on them. 7 So the word of God continued to spread. The number of talmidim in Yerushalayim increased rapidly, and a large crowd of cohanim were becoming obedient to the faith.
It seems the new believers in Yeshua still needed to hear Yeshua's teaching. Many places in the words we find the widows over looked and HaShem not liking this at all.

Psalms 68:5 tells us
Quote :
" God in his holy dwelling, is a father to orphans and defender of widows. "

Yeshua spoke pretty harshly about this:
Quote :
Matt 23:14: Woe to you hypocritical Torah-teachers and P'rushim! For you swallow up widow's houses while making a show of davening at great length. Because of this your punishment will be all the worse!

Quote :
Mark 12:38 As he taught them, he said, "Watch out for the kind of Torah-teachers who like to walk around in robes and be greeted deferentially in the marketplaces, 39 who like to have the best seats in the synagogues and take the places of honor at banquets, 40 who like to swallow up widows' houses while making a show of davening at great length. Their punishment will be all the worse!"

Last edited by on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: Romans   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:36 pm

Quote :
2:17-29

17 But if you call yourself a Jew and rest on Torah and boast about God 18 and know his will and give your approval to what is right, because you have been instructed from the Torah; 19 and if you have persuaded yourself that you are a guide to the blind, a light in the darkness, 20 an instructor for the spiritually unaware and a teacher of children, since in the Torah you have the embodiment of knowledge and truth; 21 then, you who teach others, don't you teach yourself? Preaching, "Thou shalt not steal, do you steal? 22 Saying, "Thou shalt not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? Detesting idols, do you commit idolatrous acts? 23 You who take such pride in Torah, do you, by disobeying the Torah, dishonor God? - 24 as it says in the Tanakh, "For it is because of you that God's name is blasphemed by the Goyim. 25 For circumcision is indeed of value if you do what Torah says. But if you are a transgressor of Torah, your circumcision has become uncircumcision! 26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the Torah, won't his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision? 27 Indeed, the man who is physically uncircumcised but obeys the Torah will stand as a judgment on you who have had a b'rit-milah and have Torah written out but violate it! 28 For the real Jew is not merely Jewish outwardly: true circumcision is not only external and physical. 29 On the contrary, the real Jew is one inwardly; and true circumcision is of the heart, spiritual not literal; so that his praise comes not from other people but from God.
But from G-d ! that is who we should seek to please, not others, not ourselves, but HaShem, who is the one who makes us holy and sanctifies us through all his commandments.
Quote :

7:7-12
7 Therefore, what are we to say? That the Torah is sinful? Heaven forbid! Rather, the function of the Torah was that without it, I would not have known what sin is. For example, I would not have become conscious of what greed is if the Torah had not said, "Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, worked in me all kinds of evil desires - for apart from Torah, sin is dead. 9 I was once alive outside the framework of Torah. But when the commandment really encountered me, sin sprang to life, 10 and I died. The commandment that was intended to bring me life was found to be bringing me death! 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me; and through the commandment, sin killed me. 12 So the Torah is holy; that is, the commandment is holy, just and good.
Many find this passage disquieting, disturbing, and even a license to not keep Torah. I'd like to discuss this at the meeting so be prepared with questions and your understanding of this.

Quote :

13:8-10

8 Don't owe anyone anything - except to love one another; for whoever loves his fellow human being has fulfilled Torah. 9 For the commandments, "Don't commit adultery," "Don't murder," "Don't steal," "Don't covet, and any others are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself 10 Love does not do harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fullness of Torah.

'Love does no harm' four words worth remembering. No harm, no hurt, no pain.

Do unto others, as Yeshua did for us

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: Ephesians 6:1-3   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Quote :
1 Children, what you should do in union with the Lord is obey your parents, for this is right. 2 "Honor your father and mother" - this is the first commandment that embodies a promise - 3 "so that it may go well with you, and you may live long in the Land."

Why do you think there is a 'promise' attached?

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: 1 Timothy   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Quote :
3:1-14

1 Here is a statement you can trust: anyone aspiring to be a congregation leader is seeking worthwhile work. 2 A congregation leader must be above reproach, he must be faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, orderly, hospitable and able to teach. 3 He must not drink excessively or get into fights; rather, he must be kind and gentle. He must not be a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, having children who obey him with all proper respect; 5 for if a man can't manage his own household, how will he be able to care for God's Messianic Community? 6 He must not be a new believer, because he might become puffed up with pride and thus fall under the same judgment as did the Adversary. 7 Furthermore, he must be well regarded by outsiders, so that he won't fall into disgrace and into the Adversary's trap.

8 Likewise, the shammashim must be of good character, people whose word can be trusted. They must not give themselves to excessive drinking or be greedy for dishonest gain. 9 They must possess the formerly hidden truth of the faith with a clean conscience. 10 And first, let them be tested; then, if they prove themselves blameless, let them be appointed shammashim. 11 Similarly, the wives must be of good character, not gossips, but temperate, faithful in everything. 12 Let the shammashim each be faithful to his wife, managing his children and household well. 13 For those who serve well as shammashim gain good standing for themselves and much boldness in the trust that comes through Yeshua the Messiah.

14 I hope to visit you soon; but I am writing these things 15 so that if I am delayed, you may know how one should behave in the household of God, which is the Messianic Community of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
Quote :

2 Timothy 2:2

2 And the things you heard from me, which were supported by many witnesses, these things commit to faithful people, such as will be competent to teach others also.

Some Questions

Why do you think this was included in the parsha suggested readings?
Do you know of any pastor, rabbi that meets these standards?
Do you know of any shamashin or deacons that meet these standards?
What are the dangers of not meeting all of these, in your opinion?

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: Titus 1:5-9   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:40 pm

Quote :
5 The reason I left you in Crete was so that you might attend to the matters still not in order and appoint congregation leaders in each city-those were my instructions.

6 A leader must be blameless, husband to one wife, with believing children who do not have a reputation for being wild or rebellious. 7 For an overseer, as someone entrusted with God's affairs, must be blameless - he must not be self-willed or quick-tempered, he must not drink excessively, get into fights or be greedy for dishonest gain. 8 On the contrary, he must be hospitable, devoted to good, sober-mindedness, uprightness, holiness and self-control. 9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy Message that agrees with the doctrine; so that by his sound teaching he will be able to exhort and encourage, and also to refute those who speak against it.
Back to top Go down
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: Hebrews 12:18-29   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Quote :
18 For you have not come to a tangible mountain, to an ignited fire, to darkness, to murk, to a whirlwind, 19 to the sound of a shofar, and to a voice whose words made the hearers beg that no further message be given to them - 20 for they couldn't bear what was being commanded them, "If even an animal touches the mountain, it is to be stoned to death"; 21 and so terrifying was the sight that Moshe said, "I am quaking with dread." 22 On the contrary, you have come to Mount Tziyon, that is, the city of the living God, heavenly Yerushalayim; to myriads of angels in festive assembly; 23 to a community of the firstborn whose names have been recorded in heaven; to a Judge who is God of everyone; to spirits of righteous people who have been brought to the goal; 24 to the mediator of a new covenant, Yeshua; and to the sprinkled blood that speaks better things than that of Hevel. 25 See that you don't reject the One speaking! For if those did not escape who rejected him when he gave divine warning on earth, think how much less we will escape if we turn away from him when he warns from heaven. 26 Even then, his voice shook the earth; but now, he has made this promise: "One more time I will shake not only the earth, but heaven too!" 27 And this phrase, "one more time," makes clear that the things shaken are removed, since they are created things, so that the things not shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we have received an unshakeable Kingdom, let us have grace, through which we may offer service that will please God, with reverence and fear. 29 For indeed, "Our God is a consuming fire!"

Many a Messianic song came out of this. Smile

Reverence and fear, many are taught of the loving Jesus, the one who loves us so much, come as we are, all you need is love. But that contradicts truly who our G-d is. He is a righteous G-d and will not be mocked! We may not have met him under the mountain, but we shouldn't let that keep us from trembling and working out our Salvation in fear and trembling for our G-d is an awesome G-d and

Kvod Adonai Ke-esh ochelet cheers

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: James 2:8-13   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:42 pm

Quote :
8 If you truly attain the goal of Kingdom Torah, in conformity with the passage that says, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing well. 9 But if you show favoritism, your actions constitute sin, since you are convicted under the Torah as transgressors. 10 For a person who keeps the whole Torah, yet stumbles at one point, has become guilty of breaking them all. 11 For the One who said, "Don't commit adultery," also said, "Don't murder. Now, if you don't commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the Torah. 12 Keep speaking and acting like people who will be judged by a Torah which gives freedom. 13 For judgment will be without mercy toward one who doesn't show mercy; but mercy wins out over judgment.

HaShir has a beautiful song about this.

One line that sticks out to me that many fail at, and all are probably guilty, is "But if you show favoritism, your actions constitute sin"

How many times do we favor one over another, for whatever reason, but G-d sees differently so we must always be faithful to ask him to see through his eyes, and 'judge' righteiously in all our dealings , as we all are made in his image.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

PostSubject: 1 Kefa ( Peter) 2:9-10   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:43 pm

Quote :
9 But you are a chosen people, the King's cohanim, a holy nation, a people for God to possess! Why? In order for you to declare the praises of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; before, you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

WE must remember those who are called by the Ruach HaKodesh, have been chosen to be called. WE must honor that in all we say and do, for the King himself has looked down and for whatever reason , found us worthy to call and to have us live with him forever! WE must remember we represent him on earth, and we reflect his honor and good name in all we do. Let us not have his name cursed among the heathens because of what we do that dishonors him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro   Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro Empty

Back to top Go down

Brit Chadasha reading to accompany Parasha Yitro
Page 1 of 1