Beth Emet
Shalom! Good to see you again!
Beth Emet
Shalom! Good to see you again!
Beth Emet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beth Emet

Searching for Truth with No Agenda

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haftarah Yitro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

Haftarah Yitro Empty
PostSubject: Haftarah Yitro   Haftarah Yitro EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Isaiah 6:1-7

Quote :
1 In the year of King 'Uziyahu's death I saw Adonai sitting on a high, lofty throne! The hem of his robe filled the temple. 2 S'rafim stood over him, each with six wings - two for covering his face, two for covering his feet and two for flying. 3 They were crying out to each other, "More holy than the holiest holiness is ADONAI-Tzva'ot! The whole earth is filled with his glory!" 4 The doorposts shook at the sound of their shouting, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 Then I said, "Woe to me! I [too] am doomed! because I, a man with unclean lips, living among a people with unclean lips, have seen with my own eyes the King, ADONAI-Tzva'ot!" 6 One of the s'rafim flew to me with a glowing coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 He touched my mouth with it and said, "Here! This has touched your lips. Your iniquity is gone, your sin is atoned for."

The temple in heaven. Do we think of heaven as a temple? or just a space where G-d resides?
This haftarah is the companion for the parsha Yitro. This is when Israel finally comes to the Mountain of G-d. M0she goes up to him on the mountain.

Some things to ponder..........

Why do you think Moshe is safe and doesn't need to be cleansed to appear before G-d , yet Isaiah needed to be? The mountain was holy, and HaShem told Moshe to tell the people not to come near it. or the animals even. He is very adamant in chap 19 verse 20-24. Even though Moshe had obeyed and set up boundaries.

How does what the seraphim did ( with the coal) bring atonement for sin?

Why do you think the seraphim who we see in heaven when Isaiah is taken there, did not appear on the mountain with HaShem but Ezekiel saw them accompany G-d in his visitation in Ezekiel 1?

Why did only Isaiah's lips need to cleansed and not the rest of him? Does this relate to what Yeshua said about what comes out of the mouth is what makes one unclean?

If it is only our speech that makes us unclean, then why all the mitzvot on being clean?

6:8-9
Quote :
8 Then I heard the voice of Adonai saying, "Whom should I send? Who will go for us?" I answered, "I'm here, send me!"

9 He said, "Go and tell this people: 'Yes, you hear, but you don't understand. You certainly see, but you don't get the point!'

Quote :
5:6

6 For a child is born to us, a son is given to us; dominion will rest on his shoulders, and he will be given the name Pele-Yo'etz El Gibbor Avi-'Ad Sar-Shalom [Wonder of a Counselor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace], 7 in order to extend the dominion and perpetuate the peace of the throne and kingdom of David, to secure it and sustain it through justice and righteousness henceforth and forever. The zeal of ADONAI-Tzva'ot will accomplish this.
Do you think this is a good passage in defense that Yeshua Is G-d?

The full passage of Isaiah

Quote :
6:1-13 ( Maftir S)

1 In the year of King 'Uziyahu's death I saw Adonai sitting on a high, lofty throne! The hem of his robe filled the temple. 2 S'rafim stood over him, each with six wings - two for covering his face, two for covering his feet and two for flying. 3 They were crying out to each other, "More holy than the holiest holiness is ADONAI-Tzva'ot! The whole earth is filled with his glory!" 4 The doorposts shook at the sound of their shouting, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 Then I said, "Woe to me! I [too] am doomed! because I, a man with unclean lips, living among a people with unclean lips, have seen with my own eyes the King, ADONAI-Tzva'ot!" 6 One of the s'rafim flew to me with a glowing coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 He touched my mouth with it and said, "Here! This has touched your lips. Your iniquity is gone, your sin is atoned for." 8 Then I heard the voice of Adonai saying, "Whom should I send? Who will go for us?" I answered, "I'm here, send me!"

9 He said, "Go and tell this people: 'Yes, you hear, but you don't understand. You certainly see, but you don't get the point!' 10 "Make the heart of this people [sluggish with] fat, stop up their ears, and shut their eyes. Otherwise, seeing with their eyes, and hearing with their ears, then understanding with their hearts, they might repent and be healed!" 11 I asked, "Adonai, how long?" and he answered, "Until cities become uninhabited ruins, houses without human presence, the land utterly wasted; 12 until ADONAI drives the people far away, and the land is one vast desolation. 13 If even a tenth [of the people] remain, it will again be devoured. "But like a pistachio tree or an oak, whose trunk remains alive after its leaves fall off, the holy seed will be its trunk."
Back to top Go down
https://torahlovers.forumotion.com

Haftarah Yitro
Page 1 of 1