Beth Emet
Shalom! Good to see you again!
Beth Emet
Shalom! Good to see you again!
Beth Emet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beth Emet

Searching for Truth with No Agenda

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Psalms

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beth Emet
Admin
Beth Emet

The Psalms Empty
PostSubject: The Psalms   The Psalms EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:17 pm

For now I will use this thread for any general thoughts on the Psalms. These may be broken out later into their own threads if applicable.
Back to top Go down
https://torahlovers.forumotion.com
polonois

polonois

The Psalms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Psalms   The Psalms EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Read Psalm 44:
As I read it it seems to me it's about deliverence by G-d.
The people seem to be saying. Where is G-d in our time of need.
It's appears that the voices do not understand their defeat before their enemies when they had been faithful to G-d.

My question is:
Why might they have suffered defeat even if they were faithful?

Note:
Read Romans 8:35-37 where Paul quotes this Psalm
Back to top Go down
MMkgc

MMkgc

The Psalms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Psalms   The Psalms EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 pm

Sometimes we must be sacrificed for the greater good. As Caiaphas propesied that one should die lest the whole nation persish, he was thinking on flesh terms while his words had meaning way beyond that, to the spiritual and the souls of all Israel.

Psalms 44, verse 22 some see in reference to 1944 and what happened in the Holocaust. I believe that is a fulfillment and also from Pauls time, from beliving Jews in Messiah. Jews, weither believers in Moschiach yet or not, still represent G-d in the earth and because of this we are killed. We belong to him, yet he allows this, but it is for a witness to the nations. Who else dies for their G-d? Who stands strong in the face of adversity to not deny him, but rather die?

This was played out also in the time of the Maccabees, when Rome thought they could force Jews to do things that are an abomination to HaShem, but they found that some might, but not all.

All the day long......

I take that as a metaphor for continually, or ongoing, thus the psalmist is comparing the times of old when they went into the land and conquered it. But that was for a purpose then, and allowing the enemies to overpower, also has a purpose. But it is hard for us mere humans to see that.

Sometimes it was allowed because they were not faithful or not listening to do it his way, but also it must be understood that not every situation is the same. Just because he told you to do something today, doesn't mean that it should be done that way every day or every time. That is why we must be in constant communication with him, and each time ask what is the best way, what is good for today, may be disasterous tomorrow.

Only He knows. And his ways are much higher than ours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Psalms Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Psalms   The Psalms Empty

Back to top Go down

The Psalms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beth Emet :: Torah Study :: Ketuvim - The Writings-
Jump to: